Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is facing an uncertain future after MLS outfit Inter Miami became the latest club to distance themselves away from a potential transfer.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner is currently without a club after his contract at Manchester United was terminated by mutual consent on Tuesday.
Ronaldo’s time at Old Trafford came to a bitter end after his explosive interview with Piers Morgan was released earlier in the month.
During the interview, Ronaldo launched attacks towards United, former boss Ralf Rangnick, current manager Erik ten Hag and ex-teammates including Wayne Rooney and Gary Neville.
According to The Sun, Inter Miami, owned by David Beckham, were interested in signing Ronaldo in the January transfer window.
However, The Telegraph has now reported that they are no longer interested in bringing the 37-year-old to the club.
Inter Miami is now the third club to have cooled their interest in Ronaldo after Premier League duo Chelsea and Newcastle stepped away from any potential deals.
However, according to Betfair, the Stamford Bridge club remain the favourites to sign the Portugal captain.
Ruben Amorim, the manager of Ronaldo’s former club, Sporting Lisbon revealed earlier in the month that he is still a popular figure within the club.
He said: “Everyone at Sporting likes him, there's not much to say. He himself says he wants to do things in peace to follow his future. He will decide his future.
“I won't be here telling you how things are for me.”
According to Spanish news outlet Marca, Ronaldo could be set for a big-money move to Saudi Arabia, with Al-Nassr ready to offer an eye-watering package to lure Ronaldo away from European football.
It has been reported that Ronaldo has been offered around £210 million over the course of two seasons.
Following his departure from United, Ronaldo released a statement which read: “Following conversations with Manchester United we have mutually agreed to end our contract early.
“I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never ever change. However, it feels like the right time for me to seek a new challenge. I wish the team every success for the remainder of the season and for the future.”
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
- Cristiano Ronaldo Backed To Leave Man United And Create 'Formidable Partnership' With Beckham At Inter Miami
- Inter Miami are set to make a January move for Cristiano Ronaldo on one key condition
- Lionel Messi reportedly close to agreeing deal to join MLS club next season
- Pep Guardiola ‘would have left Man City if Cristiano Ronaldo joined the club’