The Top Six Dirtiest Matches In British Football Since 2010 Have Been Named, Man United Vs Liverpool Only Ranks No 3
| Last updated
The Old Firm derby between Scottish sides Celtic and Rangers has been named the dirtiest match in British football ahead of Manchester United vs Liverpool.
Bettingexpert looked into the dirtiest derbies since the 2010-11 season and Celtic vs Rangers emerged as the clear winners.
According to the research, the two Scottish Premiership clubs have clashed in 27 league meetings since 2010.
And the heated encounters from the Old Firm derby have resulted in six red cards and 58 yellow cards, with a whopping 366 fouls committed.
The findings were produced before Celtic’s 3-0 thumping of Rangers at Celtic Park on Wednesday.
The north London derby between Arsenal and Tottenham came a distant second to the Old Firm with 286 fouls in total.
However, the Gunners and Spurs have had four fewer league meetings than Celtic and Rangers, with 52 yellows and two reds handed out.
Finishing behind the north London and Old Firm derbies was none other than the hotly anticipated fixture of United vs Liverpool.
In a long and heated rivalry between the two Premier League clubs, 283 fouls have been committed in 23 league matches and 53 yellows and two reds have been brandished.
Liverpool vs Everton, surprisingly, is the only derby from the top six to have not produced a single red card.
Posted below are the six dirtiest football matches in British football since the 2010-11 season, according to bettingexpert.
6. Cardiff City vs Swansea City (nine league matches): 19 yellows and one red; 127 fouls
5. Liverpool vs Everton (23 league matches): 40 yellows and zero reds; 263 fouls
4. Manchester United vs Manchester City (23 league matches): 48 yellows and three reds; 276 fouls
3. Manchester United vs Liverpool (23 league matches): 53 yellows and two reds; 283 fouls
2. Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur (23 league matches): 52 yellows and two reds; 286 fouls
1. Celtic vs Rangers (27 league matches): 58 yellows and six reds; 366 fouls
Featured Image Credit: PA
Topics: Celtic, Rangers, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Everton, Cardiff City, Swansea City, Football