James Maddison performed a socially distant celebration in a hilarious moment during Leicester City vs. Southampton.
Maddison celebrated in style after opening the scoring at the King Power Stadium on Saturday night.
After smashing home from a tight angle, the 24-year-old wheeled away in celebration - asking his teammates to stand back amid the new Premier League coronavirus protocols.
They sent a warning about celebrating with teammates with the England international taking the message on board.
He followed his goal with a socially distant celebration, gesturing high-fives and hand-shakes.
What a finish from James Maddison :clap:
He smashes it into the roof of the net to put Leicester in the lead and follows it up with some socially distant celebrations! pic.twitter.com/7QCQ42RvWB
- Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) January 16, 2021
James Maddison shooed away his Leicester team-mates after scoring and pretended to shake hands and hi-five them, in order to follow new celebration guidance :sweat_smile:#LEISOU pic.twitter.com/qcCivwQX0V
- Amazon Prime Video Sport (@primevideosport) January 16, 2021
Fans loved Maddison's celebration on social media.
One Twitter user wrote: "That's how you celebrate socially distanced style."
A second tweeted: "Love the celebration. The finish weren't bad either."
A third added: "What a celebration."
Harvey Barnes grabbed a second Leicester goal deep into stoppage time as the Foxes move above Liverpool to second place in the table.
Featured Image Credit: BT Sport
- James Maddison Uploads Incredible 'A Day In The Life' Video To Show What Being A Footballer Is Like
- Bruno Fernandes helped play a part in James Maddison's call-up to England World Cup squad
- James Maddison is currently carrying Leicester vs Spurs and everyone's saying the same thing
- James Maddison Called A 'Cheating C**t' By Geordie Shore Star, Leicester Star Responds