To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Featured Image Credit: Alamy & Twitter:LeMathiasPogba
Mathias Pogba has made a series of new allegations against his brother Paul Pogba, including bizarre claims the France international used a witch doctor to summon 'butterflies' in the Euro 2016 final.
Mathias posted 30 new videos to his social media accounts on Friday, despite being in police custody after being charged over an alleged extortion plot against his younger sibling.
It is not clear when the videos were filmed but it may have been before Mathias turned himself in for questioning earlier this month after police launched an investigation into the alleged extortion attempt.
In the videos, Mathias repeated his claims that Paul had used a witch doctor for a number of years during his career.
He claims that Paul became a follower of a witch doctor close to his former French teammate Alou Diarra, after being introduced by Nottingham Forest full-back Serge Aurier, as reported by Get French Football News.
SPORTbible has contacted both Paul Pogba and Serge Aurier for comment.
He alleges that Paul paid the witch doctor a bi-monthly fee of €75,000 to €100,000.
He repeated his claim that Paul has used the witch doctor to cast curses against opposition teams and even his own teammates, including Kylian Mbappe.
Mathias said Paul asked the witch doctor to help him win crucial matches, including the Euro 2016 final between France and Portugal – "where strange things happened such as the swarm of butterflies before the match".
The match, which was eventually won by Portugal in extra-time, was interrupted by a swarm of moths that were attracted to the Stade de France by the stadium's floodlights.
Mathias also compared his brother to convicted sex offenders Harvey Weinstein and R Kelly, as well as Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy, who is currently on trial for rape and sexual assault.
"The mask is coming off, just like with R.Kelly, Weinstein and Mendy,” added Mathias, as reported by Get French Football News.
"You will see that it is not a pretty sight. Being famous does not mean that you are a good person. Nobody is above the law. You should also know that I did not want to make this video, and if I am doing it, it is really, really not because of jealousy.
"I did not want to be in this situation, which I will explain, and which I am forced into, and it was my brother who pushed me. This little brother who I liked, who has become a sick person who I no longer recognise."
Earlier this month, French prosecutors opened an investigation after Paul told them he was the target of a €13m (£11.3m) extortion plot from an armed gang which included his sibling.
It came after Mathias released an initial video vowing to disclose "explosive" information about his younger brother.
The "whole world, as well as my brother's fans, and even more so the French team and Juventus, my brother's team-mates and his sponsors deserve to know certain things," said Mathias Pogba.
Paul's camp swiftly released a statement in response to the video, claiming the midfielder was being targeted by a blackmail plot.
The Juventus midfielder is believed to have told the authorities that he has been subjected to threats and attempted extortion from friends he has known since he was a child, including his brother.
He cited an alleged incident in which he was intimidated by two hooded men carrying assault rifles in a Paris apartment, who demanded €13m from him.
Pogba also told investigators that he has been intimidated several times since then, with the gang allegedly turning up at Juventus' training ground in July.
It is claimed that the group were demanding the fee for "services rendered", claiming that they had protected Pogba for 13 years.
Mathias was charged earlier this month in relation to the alleged plot, while four other men were placed under formal investigation for extortion and criminal association.
After he was taken into custody, Mathias' lawyer, Yassine Bouzrou, said his client is innocent - telling French broadcaster BFMTV: "We are going to challenge this decision."