Spain vs Germany takes place in Group E of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar on Sunday. Here are the confirmed match officials for the fixture.
They defeated Costa Rica on matchday one, passing their opponents out of the game as they recorded a stunning 7-0 victory.
They completed a total of 1,043 passes - the highest amount ever recorded in a World Cup fixture.
Germany, meanwhile, will want to bounce back from their 2-1 defeat to Japan with a win. But a loss isn't the end for them at this year's World Cup. Should they defeat Costa Rica next week, and Spain beat Japan, goal difference will determine whether they qualify.
Here is a look at who is the official in the middle for Spain vs Germany.
Spain vs Germany: Who is the referee, and the other match officials?
Spain vs Germany will be officiated by high-profile Dutch referee Danny Makkelie.
English fans will know the 38-year-old well, as he took charge of England's Euro 2020 last 16 tie against Germany, and the semi-final against Denmark.
Other major assignments for Makkelie include the 2020 Europa League final between Inter Milan and Sevilla, and the 2019 Champions League between Liverpool and Tottenham, where he was the VAR official.
As per WhoScored, he has taken charge of 24 matches this season in all competitions, including four Champions League ties. He has handed out 82 yellow cards and three red cards.
The other confirmed match officials (as per Law 5 - The Referee) are as follows:
- Assistant Referees: Hessel Steegstra, Jan de Vries (both Netherlands)
- Fourth Official: Istvan Kovacs (Romania)
- Video Assistant Referee: Paulus van Boekel (Netherlands)
- Assistant VAR Officials: Massimiliano Irrati (Italy), Taleb Al Marri (Qatar), Paolo Valeri (Italy), Mihai Artene (Romania)
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
- USA vs Iran referee: Who are the match officials for the World Cup clash?
- Morocco vs Spain referee: Who are the match officials for the 2022 World Cup round of 16 clash?
- England vs Iran referee: Who are the match officials for the 2022 World Cup clash?
- England vs USA referee: Who are the officials for the 2022 World Cup clash?