AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been tipped to end his career at the end of the season and has already been offered a new role off the pitch, according to stunning reports.
Ibrahimovic, whose contract expires in the summer, made his sensational return to the San Siro in 2020 from LA Galaxy and lifted the Serie A title with Milan last season.
However, the 41-year-old Swedish sensation underwent surgery on a serious knee injury last summer and has been sidelined for the first half of the current season.
The ex-Manchester United superstar is unlikely to be ready for the first leg at the San Siro on 14th February, but he could be eligible for the return leg on 8th March.
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Ibrahimovic could make the decision to call it time on a glittering club career in the summer.
The Italian newspaper added that Milan are prepared to offer the former Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona striker an ambassadorial role at the club.
Ibrahimovic, who inked a contract extension with Milan last summer, revealed on Instagram he was playing with a knee injury during his side’s title-winning season.
- Fans are all saying same thing after spotting Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s reaction to Argentina winning World Cup
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic savaged Cristiano Ronaldo’s entire Manchester United career with Wayne Rooney comparison, fans agree
- Viral tweet claims Erling Haaland has become what Zlatan Ibrahimovic ‘thinks he always was,’ fans can’t believe it
“For the past six months I played without an ACL in my left knee. Swollen knee for six months,” he wrote in May 2022.
“I was only able to train with the team 10 times in the last six months. Took more than 20 injections in six months.
“Emptied the knee once a week for six months. Painkillers every day for six months. Barely slept for six months because of the pain. Never suffered so much on and off the pitch.
“I made something impossible to something possible. In my mind I had only one objective, to make my teammates and coach champions of Italy because I made them a promise.
“Today I have a new ACL and another trophy.”
Featured Image Credit: Alamy
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Goes Full Zlatan With Cigar And Champagne Entrance After AC Milan Title Win
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Delivered The Most Passionate And Epic Speech You’ll Ever See After AC Milan Title Win
- Hakan Calhanoglu Rips Into Zlatan Ibrahimovic After Being Mocked During AC Milan Title Parade
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Broke Window Of AC Milan Team Bus After Getting So Pumped Up By Spine-Tingling Reception