To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert

Conor McGregor wants a rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov, calls him a quitter

Jack Kenmare

Published 
| Last updated 

Conor McGregor wants a rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov, calls him a quitter

Conor McGregor has offered old rival Khabib Nurmagomedov a rematch while suggesting the Russian "quit and ran" from his fighting career.

Back in October, the Irishman fired shots at Khabib after his long-time training partner, Islam Makhachev, claimed the 155lb lightweight title at UFC 280.

Makhachev stated in his post-fight interview that claiming the lightweight throne after Khabib was all in Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov's plan.

McGregor then tweeted: "I have the system to hurt this style of fighting, guys, I'm telling you. Bro is a s**t jocks. Fat mouth, shut your mouth. You done nothing tonight except go against father's wishes and run."

Advert

He added: "It's not father's plan completed yet, pal. You know. Your people know and they talk about you."

Loading…

McGregor hasn't really spoken about Khabib since, but on Monday afternoon, he called out the longest-reigning lightweight champion in UFC history on social media.

It came after Khabib recently brought up McGregor's famous "here to take over" quote from 2014 when speaking about coaching Islam Makhachev and his cousin, Usman Nurmagomedov, on stage.

Advert

"I hear long time ago when one guy was talking about, 'We're here to take over.' But we here to take over." Khabib said.

On Monday, the Irish fighter hit back.

He said: "I fight on! Your father's plan is never complete because you quit and ran, brother. God bless. I’m still here if you wanna go again. But your fear of defeat means you’ve already lost. Run from it all you want. We all lose in the end. Death takes us all. I fear nothing but God."

Advert

Earlier this year, McGregor claimed he will have fought 'multiple times' by late 2023, when the upcoming film Road House is released.

Since his leg break during a loss to Dustin Poirier in July 2021, the MMA fighter has decided to go into acting.

The movie is slated for release in late 2023, and by then the 34-year-old believes he will have had ‘multiple fights’ by the time it drops.

“I’m feeling crazy confident," McGregor said. "Calm. Disattached [sic] from emotion. Aware of what I must do and making it happen.

Advert

“Visualising. I see it all. Clear. This movie wraps, I’m back. I’ll have multiple fights completed by the time this movie even releases.”

Featured Image Credit: Instagram/thenotoriousmma - Twitter/@MMAJunkie

Topics: Conor McGregor, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Boxing, UFC

Jack Kenmare
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Football

Roy Keane escalates feud with Tite over Brazil's dancing celebrations, tells him to 'dance in a nightclub'

an hour ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Brazil press officer's 'brutal' treatment of cat at press conference has journalists gasping in shock

a day ago