Jon Jones has hid his private message to an MMA journalist exposed, with the private message saying she looked like 'a witch.'
Jones was arrested last month whilst in Las Vegas for the UFC Hall of Fame ceremony, in which his legendary 2013 fight with Alexander Gustafsson was being inducted.
Whilst in Vegas, there was an incident involving his wife that led to an arrest on domestic abuse charges, as well as tampering with a vehicle.
Police reports and audio recordings revealed that a security officer at Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino, where the Jones' family were staying during the Hall of Fame weekend, witnessed Jones' fiance Jessie Moses bleeding from her mouth and nose in the hotel lobby.
The former UFC light heavyweight champion has denied hitting his wife, taking to Twitter to say, "I love how people are imagining the worst possible situation in their heads and making it somehow factual.
"I never hit my fiancé and our daughters were woken up after our confrontation. My daughters didn’t see or hear us arguing."
Jones has understandably come under criticism from many quarters, including MMA journalist Amy Kaplan, who replied to one of the star's now deleted social media posts.
You are showing your girls how men treat women, they will learn to accept abuse because it’s normal to them. Disgusting https://t.co/sEMhtUrRgc— Amy Kaplan (@PhotoAmy33) October 13, 2021
The 34-year-old clearly didn't take too kindly to Kaplan's reply, as he sent her a direct message insulting her and telling her to 'f*ck off.'
Kaplan hit back by posting the Instagram private message for all to see onto her own social media.
Following Kaplan's reveal of the disgusting message she received from Jones, the journalist was then targeted by former UFC fighter Michael Graves.
Graves was released by the UFC after his own arrest for charges of domestic violence and the welterweight wasn't happy with the journalist, or journalists in general, using homophobic slurs by calling them f*****s.
Jones, who hasn't fought since beating Dominick Reyes in February 2020, and has wanted a move up to heavyweight, has been largely condemned inside UFC and there have been questions about his future.
Rival Israel Adesanya criticised the cycle of the former champ being given multiple chances, having also failed drugs tests and had his title taken from him during a hit and run incident.
Adesanya said, "I'm sure y'all will give him 'one more chance' lol. I swear I said he's gonna f**k up again, he can't help it.
"Now here we are. I've made mistakes in my time, I learn from them.
"I don't think this is the first time this has happened in his house. But yea...posi vibez goiz."
Featured Image Credit: PA